Relocating to Northeast Mississippi
Welcome to Northeast Mississippi, an area known for rural serenity and charming communities. From Tupelo to Pontotoc, there are tons of great options for relocation. Whether you're moving from across the country or across the state, relocating to Northeast Mississippi has never been simpler — use this relocation guide and find your perfect new home here!
Why Should You Relocate to Northeast Mississippi?
So Much Fun
With tons of parks, historic downtown areas, a huge variety of arts and entertainment, and so much more, Northeast Mississippi has tons to offer for everyone!
From charming and affordable to stunningly luxurious, there's a home and a neighborhood for every buyer in Northeast Mississippi!
Home-Buying Made Easy
Whether you're looking for your first home or your tenth, you'll find buying a home in Northeast Mississippi to be easier than ever!
Northeast Mississippi at a Glance
Communities of Northeast Mississippi
The communities of Northeast Mississippi are made up of tight-knit neighborhoods and a variety of local attractions. Known for peaceful rural life and scenic landscapes, Northeast Mississippi is a fantastic place to call home. Browse a few of the neighborhoods below to find homes for sale, and learn a little more about the area.
Home to Tupelo — one of the fastest-growing communities in Mississippi — Lee County is full of local museums, hundreds of delicious restaurants, and stunning regional and state parks.
If you're looking for a tight-knit community, charming local boutiques and restaurants, and easy access to miles of trails, then the small-town neighborhoods in Pontotoc County are a perfect fit.
Northeast Mississippi Helpful Relocation Tips
With the right resources and the right real estate professional on your side, you'll have the keys to your country home in no time. Follow these tips to make your move as easy as possible.
Plan Your Move Ahead of Time
Begin planning for your relocation at least a month or two before your move. The sooner you can pack and coordinate with the moving company, the better. During this stage, be sure to...
- Stock up on packing materials — boxes, tape, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap are great choices
- Start small — begin packing one room at a time so you don't get overwhelmed
- Be selective about what you pack — host a yard sale to get rid of any unused items, or consider donating to a local charity
- Review all moving documents before signing — this is vital if you are planning to use professional movers
As Moving Day Approaches
In the days and weeks leading up to your move, finish packing all of your belongings into boxes. Don't forget to...
- Label everything — consider marking each box by the room it belongs to
- Pack fragile items last — be sure to wrap glassware in bubble wrap, towels, or winter clothing for extra protection
During the Move
On Moving Day, keep as much important information within reach as possible. That way, you'll have easy access to the essentials if you need to get to them quickly. Be sure to...
- Prepare an "essentials bag" — this can include a change of clothes, paperwork, medications, and a phone charger
- Make an "open me first" box — pack items like toilet paper, instant coffee, and a sleeping bag or inflatable mattress just in case you beat the moving truck to your new home
- Wait to unpack — once you arrive to your new home, take the time to clean your home while it's empty
Relocate to Northeast Mississippi with an Expert
Northeast Mississippi communities offer no shortage of beautiful country properties. As your local real estate expert, I can help you find your dream home quickly and easily. Connect with me and let's talk about your home buying plans.